Sunday, July 9, 2017

End of a wonderful weekend

The weather was splendid and instead of doing mini I went river swimming with my son and his friends! Nothing like being in the water when the air reaches 32° in the shade.
First time I used this floating vest (about 4 sizes too big...) and I was totally impressed. This with a waterproof bag - no more inflating the rubber boats and schlepping them around? Will see next time..
My son...

I did a bit of work this week though - next to trying to get rid of a major piece of malware in the Chrome browser... grrr.

I made the oven and found a great way of imitating the door: took perspex and sprayed it with glossy black Edding. Looks just like a black mirror

Got the pretty pleater (thanks Jodi for this information) and tried it with a couple of materials because I need horizontal ones.
The best for these kind of blinds are facial towels - sprayed with a bit of glue/water solution. These facial towels are great for mini towels as well.



And I made the dining room table. The sprouted leg version did not work out -
I spent hours, added additional wood under the table, but then could not drill all the holes at the same angles, etc. Frustration x 2!!
Change of plan and I am very happy with these legs, now. They probably look even better 😅


And now comes the real challenge! I somehow have to cut an opening in this sheet metal to fit the sink underneath! Obviously, without scratches, cutting marks and all...

I already messed up two sheets - practice makes perfect they say ... I am working on it  ðŸ˜“

And I went to the Vitra Design Museum (about one hour drive from there I live) to see their new exhibition. That was interesting - but going through their showrooms is even more inspiring...
These books on the floor look great!
Mini - but unfortunately not in 1:12... useless for us...
So, this sums it up. Not productive on the mini side, but great in every way!

Have a super week ahead now.
Marion

No comments:

Post a Comment