Monday, May 22, 2017

Modern minimalistic wood house

I could not wait for this new project! It has been on my mind for a while - and my loot from Chicago is basically for this..
Here a screen shot of the drawing. The upper part walls will not be see-through. But it will have a recessed window front and - if possible at all - a gallery inside. On the plan it seems to work out.. but let's see if it is really looking generous enough.
I had to figure out which side(s) of the house can be removed - it has to be the west and east sides. I would have preferred the front with the two storey window, but with the roof overhang this did not really make sense.

As always, I work with Kappa Foam Board and cover this with basswood veneer. This is probably not as economical as working directly with wood, but I like the ease of handling and having a 'light-weight' house.

Heck, I don't think I ever worked so precise! 1/2mm differences are bothering me .. how nerdy can you get? And then: ONLY mitred window frames from 2mm styrene L-shape. Haha, now we know how nerdy one can get 😉


I got a bit bored with making walls and windows... made the clothes rack for the entrance, adapted from Töjbox
Love the hangers I found in Chicago!

Mh.. I probably have to fill it some more. But making mini clothes is not my idea of fun..

More built-ins (cupboards in the lounge) because it is easier to work with the walls laying flat..
Leather for the handles and wood for the door hande
Built-in blackboard - but I need a left-handed person to do the writing..
Ok, so this is what I have been up to lately... mainly having fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment