Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lamps, lamps, lamps...

I want really contemporary lamps for the container house. So, I rummaged through all the plastic bits I collected and found really great material to work with!

The first was the reading light behind the sofa. Here I worked with metal for the lampshade.

Next was one for the outside, next to the entrance door. There I wanted a more industrial look..

The Constanza lamp from Luceplan I have in my real home and I really like the design. Problem is though that the electrical wires need a thicker stem than in real - so the lamp does not look quite so delicate as in real life. And after 3 attempts I even got the lampshade right ;-)

The last one in this series was a real challenge: a copy of a Frisbi lamp by Flos!
I am nearly there - but it needs some fine-tuning like getting the wires totally straight.. haha.

And now off to start working on the outside - my siding for the outside has arrived from USA!


2 comments:

  1. Beauties. What did u use for the lamp and what size wire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi francesca, for these here I used led bulbs from www.modeltrainsoftware.com. this is before I discovered the led lamps from nalladris... now, I only use the one from www.nalladris.com. the ones from the usa are slightly brighter, but a bit difficult to work with because the resistors are not built in like at nalladris. good luck!

      Delete